Thursday, December 3, 2020

Overtourism: the Elephant in the Room 🙈🙉🙊

View in browser
Overtourism: the Elephant in the Room

Hello CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE K7HACK

I couldn't possibly write to you about traveling in Lisbon without addressing overtourism and how to reduce the negative impact of tourism in the city.

Lisbon has been growing in popularity since 2016 and it shows no signs of slowing down. On the one hand, I'm thrilled "my" city is finally getting the recognition it deserves. On the other hand, I fear what might happen in the future if tourism grows too fast.

That's the reason why the mission of my blog is so clear: to help travelers minimize their (potential) negative impact on destinations.

Each blog post I write about Lisbon has always the wellbeing of locals in mind first.

I wasn't expecting to become one of the go-to sources about overtourism in Lisbon, but I've decided to embrace that reality in late 2019.

Before sharing more tips about traveling in Lisbon, I invite you to read these articles about the topic of overtourism:

The Impact of Overtourism in Lisbon (Tripper)

When Your Secret Spot (Lisbon) Becomes Overrun with Tourists (The Daily Beast)

Lisbon's Overtourism Lesson: Living Like a Local Is Not Enough (Skift)

How Mass Tourism is Destroying the Destinations Travelers Love (Green Global Travel)

If you'd like to continue the discussion on overtourism, just reply to this email!

We'll talk soon,

Sandra

Tripper

Rua Francisco Casal, Barreiro
Portugal

facebook twitter instagram pinterest

You received this email because you signed up on our website.

Unsubscribe
MailerLite

No comments: